Redefine IP Storage Networking
Don't settle for a legacy IP networkExplore
Brocade data center SLX and VDX switches leverage the cross-domain workflow capabilities of Brocade Workflow...
Brocade Campus Fabric Technology for ICX switches feature flexible scalability, simplified management, and low TCO....
Consolidate services for all your networks on one Carrier Ethernet platform. Support high bandwidth applications...
With Brocade Fibre Channel technology-based backbones and switches, you’ve got the firepower to deliver...
With Brocade IP storage networking, you benefit from recent innovations in Ethernet technology. Lightning-fast 10...
Brocade’s software defined networking controllers and applications make it possible for you to address your data...
Get the most from your network with Brocade network virtualization solutions. Achieve carrier-class performance in...
Brocade vADC solutions provide fast, reliable application delivery across your virtual and cloud platforms at...
Get your choice of hardware and software SLA’s plus 24×7 access to Brocade's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) via phone and the MyBrocade self-service portal.
Brocade's high touch support offering adds enhanced response times and a Support Account Manager (SAM) to Essential Support plus many other proactive, preferential, and personal features.
The Services Add-On Menu provides additional flexibility to support contracts by offering a wide variety of features that reduce downtime and augment customer environments.
Don't settle for a legacy IP networkExplore
Revolutionizing business models for the Third PlatformExplore
Free 30-Day Trial: Brocade Virtual Traffic Manager, the leading virtual application delivery platform for the New IPExplore
These Services Terms are part of the Brocade Terms and together with the other Brocade Terms govern your purchase and use of Brocade’s Services.
Additional terms and conditions may apply to the following services:
In addition, Brocade may include Services as part of certain Product offerings and may include the terms for those Services in the terms applicable to the offering.
These Services Terms below cover all services provided by Brocade that not covered by other terms. For example, these Services Terms cover services to repair or replace Products that are out of warranty and not covered by a Support Plan; recertification of Products for which a Support Plan has lapsed; installation, implementation, configuration, consulting and other assistance in the use of the Brocade Products; . For clarity, these Services Terms do not cover warranty services provided pursuant to a Product warranty (see the Warranty pages on brocade.com and the applicable Product terms) or Support provided pursuant to a Support Plan (see the Support pages on Brocade.com and the Support Terms).
2. Services Terms. Brocade will provide the Services described in an order, or otherwise agreed between you and Brocade, subject to the Brocade Terms. Brocade may perform Services remotely from its offices unless the applicable order expressly states that the Services are to be performed onsite at a different location (“Onsite”). Unless specifically stated otherwise in the applicable order, Brocades has no obligation to perform background checks or drug screening of its personnel assigned to perform Onsite Services. Brocade has no obligation to perform Services outside of its normal business hours unless expressly agreed in writing. Brocade may charge a higher rate for hourly services performed outside of regular business hours.
3. Services Warranty. Brocade warrants for the applicable warranty period all Services will be performed in a professional and workman-like manner by appropriately trained personnel, using generally accepted industry standards and practices. As Brocade's sole liability and your exclusive remedy for a breach of this warranty, if the Services are not provided as warranted, Brocade will, at its sole discretion, either: (i) correct any material non-conformances in the Services Deliverables; (ii) re-perform the Services; or (iii) credit you for the amount paid for the nonconforming Services. This warranty does not apply to the extent any non-conformity relates to (i) any specifications, code, diagnostic or other tools, or any other materials provided by you; (ii) the integration, operation, modification, or use of the Services or any deliverables in any manner not authorized by Brocade, and (iii) any changes to the network environment after the services were rendered. The warranty period is thirty (30) days following the completion of the Services where no acceptance procedure is applicable, or thirty (30) days following acceptance of the Service where an acceptance period is applicable.
4. Acceptance. Services and related Deliverables are subject to a right of acceptance only if expressly stated in the applicable order. Where you have a right of acceptance, you may reject Services or Deliverables only for a material failure to conform to specifications. You must evaluate Services and Deliverables subject to your right of acceptance promptly following delivery and provide written notice no later than the tenth (10th) day following delivery stating either: (i) acceptance; or (ii) rejection, describing the grounds for rejection in reasonable detail. If you have not provided a written notice of acceptance or rejection by the 10th day, the Services or Deliverables will be deemed accepted. If you properly reject the Services or Deliverables, Brocade will use diligent efforts to correct the issues identified in your notice and will resubmit them to you for acceptance. The Services and any associated deliverables that are re-performed or redelivered shall be subject to your acceptance in accordance with this provision. In the event you fail to accept or reject the Services within 10 days after Brocade's completion of the applicable Services, or accept or reject re-performed Services within 10 days after Brocade's completion of the applicable Services, the Services shall be deemed accepted, and you shall have no further right to reject the Services.
5. Your Obligations
5.1 Systems Backup and Other Prerequisites. Prior to Brocade beginning the Services, you must backup all data and systems information for the systems that Brocade personnel will access as part of the Services. You must also take all prerequisite steps stated in the order or otherwise reasonably requested by Brocade, such as: (i) ensuring that all manufacturers' labels/serial numbers are in place, accessible, and legible, (ii) obtaining licenses or other appropriate permission for Brocade to access, use and service Third Party Products and software, and (iii) if appropriate, complete advance testing of hardware and software that will be used or accessed as part of the Services.
5.2 Onsite Services. If Brocade provides Onsite Services, you must provide a safe and suitable facility for the performance of the Services, including compliance with applicable laws and industry standards for health, safety, and security. You must have at least one representative physically present at the applicable location during the entire time that the Brocade personnel are Onsite. You must also provide the Brocade personnel with desk space, Internet access, and other facilities and services as Brocade may reasonably request to perform the Services. Brocade personnel will comply with your safety and security procedures generally applicable to your Onsite vendors, provided those procedures are communicated by you to Brocade.
5.3 Systems Access. You must provide Brocade personnel with access to your information technology systems as Brocade may reasonably request for the performance of the Services, including remote access if requested. Brocade will comply with your security requirements for such access that are made part of the order, or if no security requirements are included in the order, your reasonable security requirements communicated in advance to Brocade.
5.4 Scheduling. You are responsible for scheduling the dates and times for the performance of Services. You must schedule Services to begin within 180 days of the applicable order.
If you do not perform your obligations stated in this Section, Brocade is excused from performing the Services to the extent it is reasonably prevented from performing as a result of the failure, and you are responsible for all resulting increased costs to Brocade in completing the Services. Further, you acknowledge that your failure to perform you obligations under this Section may result in Brocade or third parties voiding applicable warranties and support obligations, and agree that Brocade is not responsible or liable to you for any such action.
6. Fees and Cancellation. Fees for Services are stated in the applicable order. Invoices and payment terms for expenses and Services fees are described in the Brocade Terms, provided that for BRC Services Brocade may invoice and require payment of fees in advance unless otherwise provided in the order. Orders for BRCs are not-cancellable and BRC fees are not refundable. Except for BRCs, you may cancel an order for Services on thirty (30) days advance written notice. If you cancel an order for Services you must pay fees for Services performed through the effective date of termination and all reimbursable expenses incurred by Brocade prior to the effective date of termination. Except for BRC Services, Brocade will credit or refund any prepaid fees applicable to cancelled Services not performed on the date of termination, less any volume or other discount taken to which you are no longer entitled. If Brocade is not reasonably able to complete any Services prior to the anticipated date for completion of the Services due to your failure to perform your obligations, then in addition to any other remedies Brocade may have, it may cancel the unfulfilled Services on thirty (30) days prior written notice.
5. Rights in Deliverables. The following terms shall apply to Deliverables identified in an order and provided by Brocade as part of Services, including Software and documentation. Subject to these Brocade Terms and payment of the applicable fees, Brocade and its third party licensor, if applicable, grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Deliverables solely for internal purposes and solely for the purposes stated in the order or the relevant product documentation. You have no right to sublicense such Software Deliverables or any related rights. Otherwise, Brocade retains all right, title and interest in and to Deliverables.
6. Supervision of Brocade Peronnel. Brocade has the exclusive right to supervise and instruct its personnel, in particular with respect to work hours and the scope and manner of performance of the services. You have no rights to instruct or supervise Brocade's personnel whatsoever.
Last updated on June 15, 2015