Redefine IP Storage Networking
Don't settle for a legacy IP networkExplore
Don't settle for a legacy IP networkExplore
Revolutionizing business models for the Third PlatformExplore
Free 30-Day Trial: Brocade Virtual Traffic Manager, the leading virtual application delivery platform for the New IPExplore
Brocade at EMC 2016 World Photo / Social Media Contest
Complete Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY.
1. Eligibility. To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be (i) at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the time of entry, (ii) a resident of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia, and (iii) and an attendee at EMC World 2016. Employees of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. and EMC and its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. Brocade Technical Publications staff and their families are not eligible to enter or win.
Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and its designees decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. How To Enter. To enter the Contest, beginning at 6:00 pm Time, on the 2nd day of May, 2016 through 5:00pm time on the 4th day of May, 2016 (“Contest Period”), Contestants need to submit a photo on one or more of the following Brocade social media sites*: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn of either 1) a photo showcasing the Hero Button with #brocade completed in the Caricature area of the Brocade booth 612.
If you do not have a Instagram or Twitter account, visit <Instagram url> or www.twitter.com and register in accordance with the instructions for a free Instagram or Twitter account. Limit: If you post updates to or receive updates from social media websites via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless-service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans. All terms and conditions of www.instagram.com and www.twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram and Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Instagram or Twitter accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. If winning entry is posted to Instagram or Twitter, the potential winner will be notified by direct message on Instagram or Twitter. In order to receive the direct message, your account settings must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public" and you must be following @Brocade.
If you do not have a Facebook account, visit www.facebook.com and register in accordance with the instructions for a free account.
If you do not have a LinkedIn account, visit www.linkedin.com and register in accordance with the instructions for a free account.
No other methods of entry will be accepted. Entries for May 2nd 2016, May 3rd, 2016 and May 4th 2016 must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. of that day to be eligible. Limit: only one entry per person, per day for each contest regardless of the number of social media sites on which entrants post entry. Sponsor is not responsible for failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, illegible, mutilated, garbled or delayed entries or other communications or other problems related to transfer or collection of entry information or other information, or for errors or mistakes related to the Website. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or who otherwise violates these rules. Completed entries must be submitted/posted to the Brocade media site by the times noted above. By entering this Contest, Entrant acknowledges and agrees that information is being collected through a third-party website. All entries (both graffiti itself and the photos) become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Use of a false email address will disqualify an Entry. Any communication or information transmitted to Sponsor and/or the Website electronically or otherwise, is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Sponsor in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Website, or who otherwise violates these Official Rules.
3. Prizes. GoPro Camera and BB-8
The Approximate Retail Value of this prize of the GoPro is $250.00. The Approximate Retail Value of this prize of the BB-8 is $150.00.
Any warranties or other representations made by the manufacturer or the provider of the prize(s) are not the responsibility of the Sponsor. Sponsor does not provide any warranty for the prizes and does not represent that the manufacturer or other third party will honor any type of warranty, representation or other offer related to the prize or included with the documentation provided by the manufacture or other third party. The prize is delivered by Sponsor “AS IS” and Sponsor makes no warranty of any kind expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. SPONSOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
Odds of winning prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize is not transferable. No substitution of prize for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value. All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes, and international tariffs, are the sole responsibility of the individual winner. Prizes may be awarded by mail or shipped to winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Allow four to six weeks for delivery or prize.
4. Judging. One (1) potential winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received on the following days of May, 2, 3, and 4, 2016 by Sponsor or its designee at its sole discretion, the judge of the Contest, whose decisions are final and binding. The potential winners will be notified on or about the day following the posting entry period, except for May 4th 2016 which will be announced no later than 5:00 p.m. that day by direct message after the judging to claim prize. The potential winners will have until 4:00 pm time on the 4th day of May, 2016 following notification to claim the prize. If a winner cannot be contacted within that time or is contacted and does not respond as directed by the 4th day of May, 2016, refuses the prize, is ineligible to accept the prize, and/or fails to sign the Affidavit, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by random drawing from all remaining eligible Entries. Winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, a Liability/Publicity Release, all, no later than May 4th 2016 in order to claim prize. If any winner is at least 18 years of age as required, but a minor in his or her state of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of the minor’s parent or legal guardian, who will also be responsible for signing any necessary releases, affidavits, and consents. Only Prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded.
5. General Conditions. Sponsor has the right to cancel, terminate or modify this Contest if it cannot be completed as planned due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, other conditions beyond Sponsor's control, or for any other reason at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and to select winners from eligible entries received on or before the termination date. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants, whether due to technical or human error. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest in the event that it becomes infected by a computer virus or is otherwise technically impaired. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account associated with the e-mail submitted with the Entry is registered.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree (i) to be bound by these rules; (ii) that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU; (iii) that Sponsor and its agents have the right to use entrant’s first name, last name, and city and state, photograph, image, and likeness on Sponsor’s website and in any and all publicity and advertising for Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants except if entrant is a resident of Tennessee or otherwise where prohibited by law; (iv) to be contacted by Sponsor by public announcement, telephone, mail or email regarding this Contest; (v) to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, agents, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies for any liability, damages, loss or injury resulting from entrants’ participation in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this Contest; and (vi) that any and all information provided in Entries is the exclusive property of Sponsor who is thereafter free without limitation to use such information in its sole discretion. Entrants and winner assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to person or property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
6. Winners list. For a winner's list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope postmarked and to be received by the 15th day of June, 2016 to: EMC World Social Mediai Winners List, ATTN: Melissa Osburn, Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.,130 Holger Way, San Jose, California 95134. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
7. Sponsor: Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., 130 Holger Way, San Jose, California 95134. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Linked In.
*Any and all use of social media sites are subject to the terms and conditions of use associated with those sites.
© 2016 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.