Brocade Unveils the Brocade One™ Unified Network Architecture and StrategyCustomer-driven, Seamless Transition to the Cloud
NEW YORK (Brocade Technology Day) June 9, 2010 — Brocade® (Nasdaq: BRCD) today introduced Brocade One™, the unifying network architecture and strategy that enables customers to simplify the complexity of virtualizing their applications. By removing network layers, simplifying management and protecting existing technology investments, Brocade One helps customers migrate to a world where information and services are available anywhere in the cloud.
In the data center, Brocade shares a common industry view that IT infrastructures will eventually evolve to a highly virtualized, services-on-demand state enabled through the cloud. The unique Brocade vision is based on the firm belief that the process, an evolutionary path toward this desired end-state, is as important as reaching the end-state. This evolution has started inside the data center and Brocade offered innovated insights on the challenges faced as it moves out to the rest of the network.
The realization of this vision requires radically simplified network architectures. This is best achieved through a deep understanding of data center networking intricacies and the rejection of rip-and-replace deployment scenarios with vertically integrated stacks sourced from a single vendor. In contrast, the Brocade One architecture takes a customer-centric approach with the following commitments:
- Unmatched simplicity: Dramatically simplifying the design, deployment, configuration and ongoing support of IT infrastructures.
- Investment protection: Emphasizing an approach that builds upon customers' existing multivendor infrastructures while improving their total cost of ownership.
- High-availability networking: Supporting the ever-increasing requirements for unparalleled uptime by setting the standard for continuous operations, ease of management and resiliency.
- Optimized applications: Optimizing customers' current and future applications.
“Driven by the growth of server virtualization, continued growth of data and the proliferation of devices connected to the network, the networking industry is on the cusp of a major innovation cycle,“ said Mike Klayko, CEO of Brocade. “Virtualized data centers will enable the realization of cloud architectures where services and applications can be delivered on-demand and at much greater speeds than is possible today. I am proud of our company's leadership in driving network innovation in this new era as we demonstrated today at our Technology Day.”
Executing on the Brocade One architecture, Brocade will offer a comprehensive suite of solutions in support of converged fabrics and Ethernet networking that includes:
- New product offerings, including a converged fabric switch, converged fabric operating system and converged fabric management tools.
- New channel partner specialization for partners offering the new converged fabric solutions as part of their portfolio.
- New support and professional consulting services offering for converged fabric solutions, Brocade Converged Fabric Services, from Brocade Global Services.
- New diagnostic and assessment utility, called Brocade NET Health™, which will help customers gauge the efficiency of their networks and measure them against industry best practices.
- New training and certification program designed to educate Brocade customers and partners on the new converged fabric technologies
Brocade unveiled its Brocade One unifying network architecture and strategy through executive presentations and technology demonstrations at its annual Technology Day in front of hundreds of financial and industry analysts along with IT and business media as well as thousands of others via a live Webcast. In addition to the Brocade One overview, Brocade executives also discussed specific Brocade One architectures, strategies and solutions for the data center, service providers, application delivery and enterprise LAN.
- Brocade One Video from John McHugh, Brocade CMO
- Brocade One Announcement Home Page
- Brocade Technology Day Webcast Replay
Brocade® (Nasdaq: BRCD) develops extraordinary networking solutions that enable today's complex, data-intensive businesses to optimize information connectivity and maximize the business value of their data. For more information, visit www.brocade.com.