Attaching the rail to round-hole rack posts
Perform the following steps to install the round-hole hardware.
- Position the outer slide rail inside the rack posts with the closed ends of the slide rail toward the non-port side of the rack, as shown in the following figure.
Loosen and adjust the position of the non-port side L-bracket as necessary.
NOTEIf side rack access is not available, measure the depth of the rack, loosen the L-bracket on the non-port side, and adjust the bracket position until the total rail length matches the rack depth.
Attach the L-brackets to the rack posts using five Phillips 10-32 x 1/2 in. screws and two of the three-hole rack nut bars.
NOTELeave the middle hole empty on the port side for securing the rack mount bracket later (refer to Inserting the device in the rack).
- Tighten the screws to 15 in-lbs (17 cm-kgs).
Repeat these steps for the other rail.
Figure 23 Attaching outer slide rails to round-hole rack posts
- Phillips screw, 10-32 x 1/2 in., black (5 each side)
- Three-hole slide mount L-bracket (2 each side)
- Rack post (port side)
- Outer slide rail
- Rack post (non-port side)
- Three-hole slide mount L-bracket
- Three-hole rack nut bar, 8-32 (2 each side)