Attaching the front brackets
The device must be turned off and disconnected from the fabric during this procedure.
Complete the following steps to attach the front brackets to the device.
- Position the right front bracket with the flat side against the right side of the device, as shown in the following figure.
- Insert two 8-32 x 5/16-in. screws into one of the pairs of vertically aligned holes in the bracket and then into the pair of holes on the side of the device. To install the device in a recessed position in the rack, use the bracket holes that are set back from the end of the bracket.
- Insert additional 8-32 x 5/16-in. screws through the holes in the bracket and into the corresponding holes in the device. The number of screws may vary depending on the device model.
- Repeat step 1 through step 3 to attach the left front bracket to the left side of the device.
Tighten all the 8-32 x 5/16-in. screws to a torque of 15 in-lbs (17 cm-kgs).
Figure 11 Attaching the front brackets
- Bracket, front right
- Screw, 8-32 x 5/16-in., panhead Phillips