Attaching the front brackets to the device
The device must be turned off and disconnected from the fabric during this procedure.
Complete the following steps to attach the front brackets to the device.
- Position the right front bracket with the flat side against the right side of the device as shown in the following figure.
- Insert two 8-32 x 5/16-in. screws into one of the pairs of vertically aligned holes in the bracket and then into the vertical pair of holes on the side of the device. To install the device in a recessed position in the rack, use the bracket holes that are set back from the end of the bracket.
- Insert 8-32 x 5/16-in. screws through the rest of the holes in the bracket and into the corresponding holes in the device.
- Repeat step 1 through step 3 to attach the left front bracket to the left side of the device.
Tighten all of the 8-32 x 5/16-in. screws to a torque of 15 in-lbs (17 cm-kgs).
Figure 6 Attaching the front brackets
- Bracket, front right
NOTEInstall the device with the airflow aligned with any other devices in the rack. Some devices have airflow running from port side to fan side and others have the opposite arrangement. Make sure that the airflow for all devices moves in the same direction to maximize cooling. Refer to the Hardware Installation Guide for your product for specific requirements.
- Screw, 8-32 x 5/16-in., panhead Phillips