Feature support for SSH
SSHv2 is the supported version of SSH, but not all features typically available with SSHv2 are supported on the Brocade VDX family of switches.
The following encryption algorithms are supported:
- 3des Triple-DES (default)
- aes256-cbc : AES in CBC mode with 256-bit key
- aes192-cbc : AES in CBC mode with 192-bit key
- aes128-cbc : AES in CBC mode with 128-bit key
The following Hash-based Message Authentication Code (HMAC) message authentication algorithms are supported:
- hmac-md5 : MD5 encryption algorithm with 128-bit key (default).
- hmac-md5-96 : MD5 encryption algorithm with 96-bit key.
- hmac-sha1 : SHA1 encryption algorithm with 160-bit key.
- hmac-sha1-96: SHA1 encryption algorithm with 96-bit key.
SSH user authentication is performed with passwords stored on the device or on an external authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) server.
The following features are not supported with SSH:
- Displaying SSH sessions
- Deleting stale SSH keys