Merging two logical chassis clusters
You can merge two logical chassis clusters that have the same VCS ID. Follow these steps:
- Make all required physical connections between the two independent clusters.
- Decide which cluster should retain the configuration after the merge. Only one configuration can be retained.
- On the cluster whose configuration will not be retained, issue the copy default-config startup-config command so that the nodes in this cluster will reboot with the default configuration.
- Reboot all nodes in each cluster. The logical chassis cluster whose configuration is being retained recognizes the nodes from the other cluster as new nodes and adds them accordingly.
- Re-apply the configuration to the cluster whose configuration was not retained.