Hardware-profile upgrade/downgrade considerations
During an upgrade from Network OS 5.x or 6.0.0 to Network OS 6.0.1, the database conversion and startup-file replay of hardware profile configurations is fully supported. After the upgrade, the hardware profile settings are as follows:
- TCAM settings are unchanged.
- Route-table settings are unchanged.
- KAP settings are set to the default.
- ECMP maximum-path settings are set to 8.
- OpenFlow settings are set to disabled.
During a downgrade from Network OS 6.0.1 to 6.0.0 or 5.x , the user must first do the following to be allowed to proceed with the downgrade:
- Set the KAP profile to the default.
- Disable OpenFLow.
- Set ECMP maximum-paths to 8.
- Disable TCAM DIA and OpenFlow optimization.
NOTEBecause of the extension of the route-table profile parameters, during a downgrade the replaying of the ASCII configuration file collected from Network OS 6.0.1 to any prior releases is not supported for the hardware-profile route-table command.