Command blocking in logical chassis cluster mode
In logical chassis cluster mode, some commands cannot be run while other commands or events are processing.
- Copy file running-config commands
- HA failover commands
- VCS ID/RbridgeID change commands
- Cluster mode change from logical chassis cluster to fabric cluster
- Copy default-config startup-config commands
- Configuration updates by individual commands
- Cluster formation events, such as initial cluster formation or secondary joining or rejoining of a cluster
These commands and events are considered to be blocked from occurring simultaneously. However, if the principal node changes during one of these operations or HA failover occurs on principal switch, the new principal will not retain the information that the commands or events not in progress are in a blocked state.
In the case of commands being blocked, the following messages are some of the error messages that could result:
- Cluster formation is in progress. Please try again later.
- User Configuration update is in progress. Please try again later.
- Configuration file replay is in progress. Please try again later.
- HA failover is in progress in the cluster. Please try again later.
- VCS Config change is in progress in the cluster. Please try again later.
- Copy default-config startup-config is in progress. Please try again later.