Configuring port mapping
When operating in Access Gateway mode, you can specify routes that AG will use to direct traffic from the devices (hosts or targets) on its VF_Ports to the ports connected to the fabric using its N_Ports. The process of specifying routes is called "mapping." When AG is enabled on a switch, VF_Ports are assigned to available N_Ports in a round-robin fashion as ENodes log in. You can change this mapping using the following instructions.
- The range of valid VF_Ports and N_Ports is specific to the VDX platform. Refer to Access Gateway port types for valid port numbers.
- Newly allocated VF_Ports are mapped to existing N_Ports in a round-robin fashion.
- Newly deallocated VF_Ports are removed from existing mappings.
- If the AG switch is connected to a FC switch, the connected N_Port and devices on the mapped VF_Ports should come online automatically.
Use the following steps to configure VF_Port to N_Port mapping:
- Perform steps under Displaying Port Mapping to display current and configured port mapping.
configure command to access global configuration mode.
id command to enter RBridge ID mode for the specific switch.
switch(config)# rbridge-id 2
command to enter Access Gateway configuration mode.
nport interface fiberchannel
port command for the N_Port where you want to change or set mapping to a VF_Port, where
port is the N_Port number in rbridge-id/slot/port format. This accesses the configuration mode for the N_Port.
switch(config-rbridge-id-2-ag)# nport interface fiberchannel 2/0/4
Perform one of the following steps:
- To map a VF_Port to the N_Port, enter
map fport interface fcoe
port is the VF_Port in domain/rbridge-id/port format.
switch(config-rbridge-id-2-ag-nport-if-fi-2/0/4)# map fport interface fcoe 1/2/26
- To remove a VF_Port mapped to the N_Port, enter the
no map fport interface fcoe
port command, where
port is the VF_Port number in domain/rbridge-id/port format.
switch(config-rbridge-id-2-ag-nport-if-fi-2/0/4)# no map fport interface fcoe 1/2/26
- To map a VF_Port to the N_Port, enter map fport interface fcoe port, where port is the VF_Port in domain/rbridge-id/port format.
Return to privileged EXEC mode and enter the
show running-config rbridge-id
ag command to verify configured VF_Port to N_Port mapping. Refer to
Displaying Port Mapping for more information.
switch# show running-config rbridge-id 2 ag