Classic Ethernet access and aggregation use case
Brocade VCS Fabric can be deployed in the same fashion as existing top-of-rack switches, as shown in the following figure. In the right-most two server racks, a two-switch Ethernet fabric replaces the Ethernet switch at the top of each rack.
The servers perceive a single top-of-rack switch, allowing for active/active connections running end-to-end.
Brocade VCS Fabric technology in this use case provides the following advantages:
- Multiple active-active connections, with increased effective bandwidth
- Preserves existing architecture
- Works with existing core and aggregation networking products
- Co-exists with existing access switches
- Supports 1- and 10-Gbps server connectivity
- Works with server racks or blade servers