Guidelines and restrictions for standard-distance Metro VCS
Consider the following guidelines and restrictions when configuring Metro VCS with standard-distance ISLs:
- Only two data-center and three data-center topologies are supported.
- A maximum of two nodes are supported for each site, which provides node redundancy. If more-complex local designs are required, a local VCS sub-fabric design must be used.
- Only standard Ethernet services are supported, lossless Ethernet capabilities, such as no FCoE or lossless iSCSI, cannot be used in this case.
- Brocade trunking up to 80G (8x10G or 2x40G) or 120G (3x40G or 12x10G):
- VDX 8770: 8x10G
- VDX 6740: 8x10G and 2x40G
- VDX 6740T: 2x40G
- VDX 6740T-1G: 2x40G
- VDX 6940-36Q: 3x40G or 12x10G
- VDX 6940-144S: 3x40G and 12x10G