Configuration management overview
Maintaining consistent configuration settings among switches in the same fabric is an important part of switch management and minimizes fabric disruptions. As part of standard maintenance procedures, it is recommended that you back up all important configuration data for every switch on an external host for emergency reference.
Typical configuration management tasks include the following actions:
- Saving the running configuration to the startup configuration file (Saving configuration changes).
- Uploading the configuration files to a remote location (Backing up configurations).
- Restoring a configuration file from a remote archive (Restoring configurations).
- Archiving configuration files for all your switches to a remote location (Managing configurations in Brocade VCS Fabric mode).
- Downloading a configuration file from a remote location to multiple switches (Managing configurations in Brocade VCS Fabric mode).