Trunking in Access Gateway mode
The hardware-based Port Trunking feature enhances management, performance, and reliability of Access Gateway N_Ports connected to Brocade fabrics.
Trunking in Access Gateway (AG) mode creates trunk groups between N_Ports on the AG module and F_Ports on the Edge-switch module. AG trunking configuration is mostly on the Edge switch. Note the following for trunking under Access Gateway:
- On Access Gateway ports, trunking is enabled by default.
- You can create trunk groups of up to eight ports.
- All of the N_Ports in a trunk group should belong to the same AG-module port group.
- All of the F_Ports in a trunk group should belong to the same Edge-switch port group.
- The maximum number of trunks supported within a port group is two.
- On the AG module, ensure consistent speed settings and connector-group settings on all of the ports within each trunk.
- On the End-switch, ensure consistent speed settings and connector-group settings on all of the ports within each trunk.
- Round-robin assignment of VF_Ports to N_Ports affects the actual number of N_Ports in a trunk.